zondag 6 februari 2011

Oughtraid

Bert organizes again a great weekend for us, and I will come with an aluminium Caledonia Yawl, built by Rob Bouma. Jachtwerf De Zeeg . I expect at least three C. Yawls at the event, next to several Ness Yawls and other Oughtred designed boats. This is his newsletter.


Iain's Clanweekend 2011

Dear Oughtraider,

My last newsletter was from december 2010 and since then there were only 8 people who send me their form saying that they wanted to come to the Clan weekend 7/8 may in 2011.

Because I need to organize things I was glad to not having ordered for the guesthouse at Giethoorn for €900. What if there are to little people wanting to come?

As my guts told me last year that it was good to organize this again but than with Iain involved, I started these newsletters.

So if you still want this weekend to go on, please do the following before the 6th of march 2011 (end of Hiswa, st. nr. 05.122): After that day I will decide if there will be enough people with lovely boats to go on with organizing.

I want to ask you to mail me a.s.a.p. at: bert.van.baar@quicknet.nl or info@bootbouwschool.nl if you want to join the Iain Oughtred weekend in Uitgeest, Holland again. Prices will be somewhat like last year: €45 p.p. for the catering and camping. Iain's trip (he was already looking forward to come!) is paid already out of last years pocket.

If you mail me I will send you a form to fill in and to send back to me.

I am looking forward meeting you again. Even some Russians have taken some interest in the event.

Please, feel free to tell a friend about the weekend and bring them. Maybe we'll have some launchings again? I am very busy finishing my own boat.

PS: people who told me so far that they would come don't need to tell me again!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten